About the Dish:
The Ploughman’s Lunch is a traditional British dish that is typically served as a pub lunch or picnic item. It consists of a selection of cold, simple and hearty ingredients that are traditionally associated with the countryside. The dish typically includes a combination of cold meats, cheese, pickles, bread, and salad. The Ploughman’s Lunch is a filling and satisfying meal that is easy to prepare and perfect for any occasion.
|Hard Boiled Eggs||2|
|Branston Pickle||2 tablespoons|
- Step 1: Slice the ham, cheddar cheese, and hard boiled eggs into bite-sized pieces. Chop the onion and tomato into small dice.
- Step 2: Butter the bread slices and arrange them on a plate. Place a lettuce leaf on each slice of bread.
- Step 3: Layer the ham, cheddar cheese, hard boiled eggs, onion, and tomato on top of the lettuce leaf on each bread slice.
- Step 4: Spoon 1 tablespoon of Branston Pickle onto each sandwich and spread it evenly.
- Step 5: Top each sandwich with another slice of buttered bread, creating a sandwich.
- Step 6: Serve the Ploughman’s Lunch sandwiches with extra Branston Pickle and salad on the side.