About the Dish:
Lomo Saltado is a popular Peruvian dish that combines Chinese and Peruvian flavors. It is made with marinated strips of beef, onions, tomatoes, and french fries, all stir-fried together. The dish is typically served with rice and is known for its bold and savory flavors. Lomo Saltado is a favorite among locals and visitors to Peru, and it has become a staple of Peruvian cuisine.
|Beef sirloin||1 pound|
|Red onion||1 large|
|French fries||1 cup|
|Soy sauce||3 tablespoons|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Garlic, minced||3 cloves|
|Black pepper||To taste|
- Step 1: In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, cumin, minced garlic, salt, and black pepper. Add the beef sirloin strips to the marinade and let them marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Step 2: Heat olive oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add the marinated beef strips and cook until browned. Remove the beef from the skillet and set it aside.
- Step 3: In the same skillet, add the sliced red onions and cook until they are soft and translucent. Add the tomatoes and cook for a few minutes until they start to break down.
- Step 4: Return the cooked beef to the skillet and add the french fries. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Step 5: Cook the Lomo Saltado for a few more minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Step 6: Serve the Lomo Saltado hot with rice on the side. Enjoy!