About the Dish:
Chicken Parmesan is a classic Italian-American dish consisting of breaded and fried chicken cutlets topped with marinara sauce and melted mozzarella cheese. It is typically served with pasta or as a sandwich on a hoagie roll. This dish is known for its rich and savory flavors, and it is a favorite among both kids and adults.
|Grated Parmesan cheese||1/2 cup|
|Marinara sauce||1 cup|
|Mozzarella cheese, shredded||1 cup|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Black pepper||To taste|
|Fresh basil leaves, chopped||For garnish|
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Step 2: In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs with a fork. In another shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper.
- Step 3: Dip each chicken breast into the beaten eggs, making sure it is fully coated. Then, dredge the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing the breadcrumbs onto the chicken to ensure they stick.
- Step 4: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the breaded chicken breasts and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and place it on a baking sheet.
- Step 5: Spread marinara sauce evenly over each chicken breast. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Step 6: Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Step 7: Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes. Garnish with fresh chopped basil before serving.