About the Dish:
Peanut Stew is a flavorful and hearty West African dish. It is made with a rich and creamy peanut sauce, tender vegetables, and your choice of protein. This stew is packed with nutrients and bursting with flavors.
|Red bell pepper||1|
|Peanut butter||1/2 cup|
|Chicken stock||4 cups|
|Coconut milk||1 cup|
|Curry powder||1 tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
- Step 1: In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add the chicken thighs and cook until browned on all sides. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Step 2: In the same pot, add the onions, garlic, and ginger. Cook until the onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Step 3: Add the carrots, bell pepper, and potatoes to the pot. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 4: In a bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, chicken stock, coconut milk, curry powder, cayenne pepper, and salt. Pour the mixture into the pot and stir well to combine.
- Step 5: Return the chicken thighs to the pot. Bring the stew to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.