About the Dish:
Köttbullar, also known as Swedish meatballs, are a traditional Scandinavian dish made from ground meat, typically a mixture of beef and pork. These meatballs are seasoned with a blend of spices and herbs, giving them a delicious flavor. They are usually served with lingonberry sauce and a side of mashed potatoes or egg noodles. Köttbullar are a popular dish in Sweden and are enjoyed by people all over the world.
|Onion (finely chopped)||1|
|Black Pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Ground Allspice||1/2 tsp|
- Step 1: In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, ground pork, breadcrumbs, finely chopped onion, egg, milk, salt, black pepper, and ground allspice. Mix until well combined.
- Step 2: Shape the mixture into small meatballs, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Step 3: In a frying pan, heat some oil over medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook until browned on all sides, about 8-10 minutes.
- Step 4: Once the meatballs are browned, remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Step 5: In the same pan, melt some butter and add flour to make a roux.
- Step 6: Gradually add beef broth and whisk until smooth and thickened.
- Step 7: Add a splash of heavy cream and stir until well combined.
- Step 8: Return the meatballs to the pan and simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Step 9: Serve the köttbullar with lingonberry sauce and a side of mashed potatoes or egg noodles. Enjoy!