- Soak lutefisk in cold water for 2-3 days, changing the water daily.
- Keep the lutefisk in a cool place during the soaking process.
- Preheat the oven to 225°F (110°C).
- Rinse the soaked lutefisk under cold water to remove any excess lye.
- Place it in a large baking dish.
- Pour enough boiling water over the lutefisk to cover it.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake the lutefisk in the preheated oven for about 1 hour.
- Check for doneness by testing the flakes with a fork. They should easily separate.
- Once done, remove the lutefisk from the oven and drain any excess liquid.
- Serve the lutefisk hot with melted butter, white sauce, or mustard sauce.
- Accompany with boiled potatoes, peas, and lefse (traditional Norwegian flatbread) if desired.
|Nutrient||Per 100g||Per Serving|
|White pepper||1/4 teaspoon|
|Peas and carrots||For serving (optional)|
Are you exhausted from gazing at your collection of ingredients, pondering the delectable dishes they could become? Your search ends here! Introducing our Recipe Generator, designed to ignite your culinary imagination and assist you in crafting delectable, palate-pleasing meals effortlessly.
Just input the ingredients available to you, and our innovative Recipe Creator will furnish you with a selection of delectable dishes that can be conjured. Alternatively, if you have a specific culinary creation in mind, provide the details, and our Recipe Generator will curate a catalog of essential ingredients required to actualize your vision.Try It Now