About the Dish:
Pizza Margherita is a classic Italian pizza that originated in Naples. It is named after Queen Margherita of Italy and is known for its simple yet delicious flavors. This pizza features a thin and crispy crust topped with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and basil leaves. The combination of the sweet tomatoes, creamy cheese, and aromatic basil creates a perfect harmony of flavors. Pizza Margherita is a favorite among pizza lovers around the world.
|Pizza Dough||1 package|
|Fresh Basil Leaves||A handful|
|Olive Oil||2 tablespoons|
|Black Pepper||To taste|
- Step 1: Preheat your oven to 475°F (245°C). Roll out the pizza dough into a thin circle and place it on a pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Step 2: Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella cheese into thin rounds. Arrange the tomato slices evenly on top of the pizza dough. Place the mozzarella slices on top of the tomatoes.
- Step 3: Tear the fresh basil leaves into small pieces and sprinkle them over the pizza. Drizzle olive oil over the entire pizza. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Step 4: Place the pizza in the preheated oven and bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Step 5: Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Slice and serve hot. Enjoy your homemade Pizza Margherita!