About the Dish:
Miso Ramen is a popular Japanese noodle soup dish that is flavored with miso, a traditional Japanese seasoning made from fermented soybeans. This dish has a rich and savory broth that is packed with umami flavors. It is typically garnished with various toppings such as sliced pork, green onions, seaweed, and a soft-boiled egg. Miso Ramen is easy to make at home and is perfect for a comforting and satisfying meal.
|Ramen noodles||2 servings|
|Miso paste||3 tablespoons|
|Chicken or vegetable broth||4 cups|
|Soy sauce||2 tablespoons|
|Firm tofu, cubed||1/2 cup|
|Sliced green onions||1/4 cup|
|Sliced pork or chicken||1/2 cup|
|Nori seaweed||2 sheets|
- Step 1: Cook the ramen noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Step 2: In a large pot, bring the chicken or vegetable broth to a simmer. Add the miso paste, soy sauce, and mirin. Stir until the miso is fully dissolved.
- Step 3: Add the tofu, sliced pork or chicken, and green onions to the pot. Simmer for 5-7 minutes until the meat is cooked through.
- Step 4: Divide the cooked noodles into bowls. Ladle the hot broth over the noodles.
- Step 5: Garnish each bowl with nori seaweed and a soft-boiled egg.
- Step 6: Serve hot and enjoy!