About the Dish:
Enchiladas are a popular Mexican dish made with tortillas filled with various ingredients such as meat, cheese, beans, and vegetables. They are then topped with a flavorful sauce and baked until bubbly and golden. Enchiladas are a delicious and satisfying dish that combines the flavors of different ingredients and spices. The tortillas become soft and soaked with the sauce, while the filling provides a burst of flavor. This dish is perfect for a family dinner or a potluck gathering, and it can be customized to suit individual tastes and dietary preferences.
|Chicken or Beef||2 cups|
|Shredded Cheese||1 cup|
|Tomato Sauce||2 cups|
|Chili Powder||1 teaspoon|
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). In a large skillet, cook the chicken or beef until fully cooked. Remove from heat and shred the meat with a fork. Set aside.
- Step 2: In the same skillet, sauté the diced onion and minced garlic until they become translucent. Add the shredded meat back into the skillet and mix well. Stir in the cumin, chili powder, and salt. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Step 3: In a separate saucepan, heat the tomato sauce on medium heat. Add the cilantro and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Step 4: Take a tortilla and spoon a generous amount of the meat mixture onto the center. Roll it up and place it seam-side down in a baking dish. Repeat this process with the remaining tortillas and meat mixture.
- Step 5: Pour the tomato sauce over the rolled tortillas, making sure they are fully covered. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
- Step 6: Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve hot and enjoy!