About the Dish:
Medjool Chicken is a delicious and flavorful dish that combines the sweetness of Medjool dates with the savory taste of chicken. The tender chicken is marinated in a tangy lemon and herb sauce, then cooked to perfection. The Medjool dates add a natural sweetness to the dish, while the herbs and spices infuse it with a rich and aromatic flavor. This dish is perfect for a special occasion or as a weekday meal that will impress your family and friends.
|Fresh rosemary||2 sprigs|
|Fresh thyme||2 sprigs|
|Olive oil||3 tablespoons|
|Black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
- Step 1: In a bowl, combine the juice of 1 lemon, olive oil, minced garlic, chopped rosemary and thyme, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to make the marinade.
- Step 2: Place the chicken breasts in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them. Make sure the chicken is well coated. Cover the dish and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight for best flavor.
- Step 3: Preheat your grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the excess marinade. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the Medjool date sauce.
- Step 4: To make the Medjool date sauce, pit and chop the Medjool dates. In a small saucepan, combine the chopped dates with 1/4 cup of water and simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until the dates are soft and syrupy. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Step 5: Transfer the cooked dates to a blender or food processor. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and puree until smooth. If the sauce is too thick, add a little water to thin it out.
- Step 6: Serve the grilled chicken with a drizzle of the Medjool date sauce on top. Garnish with fresh rosemary and thyme, if desired. Enjoy!