Mediterranean Roasted Vegetable Couscous
About the Dish:
Mediterranean Roasted Vegetable Couscous is a flavorful and nutritious dish that combines roasted vegetables with fluffy couscous. It is a vibrant and colorful dish that is packed with the flavors of the Mediterranean. The roasted vegetables add a smoky and slightly caramelized flavor to the dish, while the couscous provides a light and fluffy base. This dish is not only delicious but also nutritious, as it is rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
|Red Bell Pepper||1|
|Cherry Tomatoes||1 cup|
|Olive Oil||3 tablespoons|
|Dried Oregano||1 teaspoon|
|Vegetable Broth||2 cups|
|Feta Cheese||1/2 cup|
|Fresh Parsley||1/4 cup|
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Cut the eggplant, zucchini, red bell pepper, and red onion into bite-sized pieces. Place them on a baking sheet along with the cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with minced garlic cloves and dried oregano, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat the vegetables evenly.
- Step 2: Roast the vegetables in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until they are tender and slightly charred. Stir the vegetables halfway through the cooking time to ensure even roasting.
- Step 3: While the vegetables are roasting, cook the couscous according to the package instructions, using vegetable broth instead of water for added flavor. Fluff the cooked couscous with a fork.
- Step 4: Once the vegetables are roasted, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly. Add the roasted vegetables to the cooked couscous and toss gently to combine.
- Step 5: Crumble the feta cheese over the couscous and vegetable mixture, and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Toss again to distribute the cheese and parsley evenly.
- Step 6: Serve the Mediterranean Roasted Vegetable Couscous warm or at room temperature as a main dish or a side dish. It pairs well with grilled chicken or fish and makes a delicious and satisfying vegetarian meal on its own.