Bangers and Mash
About the Dish:
Bangers and Mash is a traditional British dish that consists of sausages and mashed potatoes. The sausages, known as bangers, are typically pork sausages that are flavored with herbs and spices. They are usually served on top of a bed of creamy mashed potatoes and smothered in onion gravy. This hearty and comforting dish is a favorite in British pubs and homes alike.
|Beef Stock||1 cup|
|Worcestershire Sauce||2 tsp|
- Step 1: Start by preparing the mashed potatoes. Peel and dice the potatoes, then boil them in salted water until they are soft and tender. Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot. Add the butter and milk, then mash until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 2: In a separate pan, heat some oil over medium heat. Add the sausages and cook until they are browned on all sides. Remove the sausages from the pan and set aside.
- Step 3: In the same pan, add the sliced onions and cook until they are soft and caramelized. Sprinkle the flour over the onions and stir to coat. Gradually add the beef stock and Worcestershire sauce, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens into a gravy.
- Step 4: Return the sausages to the pan with the onion gravy. Simmer for a few minutes until the sausages are cooked through and the flavors have melded together.
- Step 5: Serve the bangers and mash by placing a generous portion of mashed potatoes on a plate. Top with a few sausages and spoon the onion gravy over the top. Enjoy this classic British comfort food!