About the Dish:
Manti is a traditional Turkish dish consisting of small dumplings filled with ground meat and spices. These dumplings are usually served with a yogurt sauce, melted butter, and garlic. Manti is a popular dish that can be found in many Turkish households and restaurants. The dough for the dumplings is rolled out thinly and then filled with a mixture of ground meat, onion, garlic, and various spices. The dumplings are then boiled until cooked and served hot with the yogurt sauce and melted butter. Manti is a flavorful and comforting dish that is perfect for a special occasion or a cozy family dinner.
|Spices (such as cumin, paprika, and black pepper)||To taste|
- Step 1: In a bowl, combine the ground meat, finely chopped onion, minced garlic, and spices. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Step 2: On a clean surface, sprinkle some flour and roll out the dough thinly. Cut the dough into small squares.
- Step 3: Place a small spoonful of the meat mixture in the center of each dough square. Fold the edges of the square over the filling to form a small dumpling.
- Step 4: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Carefully place the dumplings into the boiling water and cook until they float to the surface, about 5-7 minutes.
- Step 5: While the dumplings are cooking, melt the butter in a small saucepan. In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt and minced garlic.
- Step 6: Remove the cooked dumplings from the water using a slotted spoon and transfer them to a serving dish. Pour the melted butter over the dumplings and top with the yogurt sauce.
- Step 7: Serve the manti hot and enjoy!