About the Dish:
Mantı is a traditional Turkish dish that consists of small dumplings filled with a mixture of ground meat and spices. These dumplings are then cooked and served with a yogurt sauce and a drizzle of melted butter. Mantı is often enjoyed as a main course and is a popular dish during special occasions and celebrations in Turkish cuisine.
|Onion||1 small, chopped|
|Garlic||2 cloves, minced|
|Parsley||1/2 cup, chopped|
|Black Pepper||1 tsp|
|All-purpose Flour||2 cups|
|Butter||1/4 cup, melted|
- Step 1: In a bowl, mix together the ground beef, chopped onion, minced garlic, chopped parsley, black pepper, and salt until well combined.
- Step 2: In a separate bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, egg, and water to form a dough. Knead the dough until smooth and elastic.
- Step 3: Roll out the dough onto a floured surface until it is about 1/8 inch thick. Cut the dough into small squares.
- Step 4: Place a small amount of the ground beef mixture onto each square of dough. Fold the dough over to form a triangle and press the edges to seal.
- Step 5: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the mantı in the boiling water for about 10-15 minutes, or until they float to the surface.
- Step 6: In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt and a pinch of salt. Serve the cooked mantı with the yogurt sauce and a drizzle of melted butter.