About the Dish:
Lasagna is a classic Italian dish made with layers of pasta, meat sauce, and cheese. It is a hearty and comforting meal that is perfect for family dinners or entertaining guests. The dish is known for its rich flavors and creamy textures. Each layer of pasta is generously coated with a savory meat sauce and a blend of different types of cheeses. It is then baked until the cheese is melted and bubbly, creating a deliciously gooey and satisfying dish. Lasagna can be customized with various ingredients such as vegetables, herbs, and spices, making it a versatile and adaptable recipe. Whether you prefer a traditional meat lasagna or a vegetarian version, this dish is sure to impress and satisfy any appetite.
|Lasagna noodles||12 sheets|
|Ground beef||1 pound|
|Garlic||4 cloves, minced|
|Tomato sauce||2 cups|
|Crushed tomatoes||1 can (28 ounces)|
|Italian seasoning||2 teaspoons|
|Black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
|Ricotta cheese||2 cups|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||2 cups|
|Grated Parmesan cheese||1/2 cup|
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Step 2: In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned. Add the diced onion and minced garlic. Cook until the onion is softened.
- Step 3: Stir in the tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Simmer the sauce for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Step 4: In a separate bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Step 5: Spread a thin layer of the meat sauce in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Layer 4 lasagna noodles on top, followed by a generous amount of the cheese mixture.
- Step 6: Repeat the layers until all of the noodles, meat sauce, and cheese mixture are used, finishing with a layer of meat sauce on top.
- Step 7: Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Step 8: Let the lasagna cool for 10 minutes before serving. This allows the layers to set and makes it easier to cut and serve.
- Step 9: Serve the lasagna hot and enjoy!