Chicken Tagine with Preserved Lemons
About the Dish:
Chicken Tagine with Preserved Lemons is a traditional Moroccan dish that combines tender chicken thighs with the vibrant flavors of preserved lemons, aromatic spices, and tender vegetables. The dish is slow-cooked in a tagine, a traditional clay pot with a conical lid, which helps to infuse the flavors and keep the chicken moist and tender.
|Ground cumin||1 teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||1 cup|
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Step 2: In a large tagine or oven-safe pot, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken thighs and brown them on both sides, then remove and set aside.
- Step 3: In the same pot, add the chopped onion, minced garlic, and grated ginger. Cook until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Step 4: Add the ground cumin, ground coriander, and cayenne pepper to the pot, stirring to coat the onion mixture with the spices.
- Step 5: Return the chicken thighs to the pot, along with the preserved lemons and cinnamon stick. Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Step 6: Cover the pot with the lid and transfer it to the preheated oven. Let it cook for 1 hour, or until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Step 7: Remove the pot from the oven and stir in the olives and fresh parsley. Serve the Chicken Tagine with Preserved Lemons hot with couscous or crusty bread.