About the Dish:
Lasagna is a classic Italian dish consisting of layers of pasta, meat or vegetables, cheese, and tomato sauce. It is a hearty and flavorful dish that is loved by many. The pasta is cooked until al dente, layered with a rich meat sauce, creamy ricotta cheese, and mozzarella, and baked to perfection. The result is a delicious dish with layers of cheesy goodness and a savory meaty taste. Lasagna is perfect for feeding a crowd or for a cozy family dinner. It is a versatile dish that can be customized with different types of meats, vegetables, and cheeses. Whether you’re a meat lover or a vegetarian, lasagna is sure to satisfy your taste buds and leave you craving for more.
|Lasagna noodles||12 sheets|
|Ground beef||1 pound|
|Canned crushed tomatoes||28 ounces|
|Tomato paste||6 ounces|
|Italian seasoning||2 teaspoons|
|Black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
|Ricotta cheese||15 ounces|
|Parmesan cheese||1/2 cup|
|Mozzarella cheese||2 cups|
- Step 1: Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Step 2: In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic and cook until the onion is tender. Drain any excess grease.
- Step 3: Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Simmer the sauce for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 4: In a separate bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, beaten egg, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Step 5: Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Step 6: To assemble the lasagna, spread a thin layer of the meat sauce on the bottom of a baking dish. Top with a layer of lasagna noodles. Spread a layer of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles, followed by a layer of meat sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layers until all the ingredients are used, finishing with a layer of meat sauce and mozzarella cheese on top.
- Step 7: Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Step 8: Remove the lasagna from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving. Cut into squares and serve hot.