Lamb Bacon Casserole
About the Dish:
Lamb Bacon Casserole is a hearty and delicious dish that combines the rich flavors of lamb and bacon with a variety of vegetables and seasonings. The dish is slow-cooked to perfection, resulting in tender and flavorful meat, and a thick and savory sauce that is perfect for dipping crusty bread into.
|Lamb shoulder, cubed||1.5 lbs|
|Bacon, chopped||8 slices|
|Garlic, minced||4 cloves|
|Beef broth||2 cups|
|Tomato paste||2 tablespoons|
|Dried thyme||1 teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
- Step 1: In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet and set aside, leaving the bacon grease in the skillet.
- Step 2: Add the lamb to the skillet and cook until browned on all sides. Remove the lamb from the skillet and set aside.
- Step 3: Add the onion, carrots, and potatoes to the skillet and cook until the vegetables are slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Step 4: Return the lamb and bacon to the skillet. Add the beef broth, tomato paste, bay leaves, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Step 5: Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the skillet and simmer for 1.5 to 2 hours, or until the lamb is tender and the flavors have melded together.
- Step 6: Remove the bay leaves before serving. Serve the lamb bacon casserole hot with crusty bread.