About the Dish:
Galbi-jjim is a traditional Korean braised beef dish. It is made with marinated beef short ribs, vegetables, and a flavorful sauce. The beef is slow-cooked until tender, resulting in a rich and deeply savory dish. Galbi-jjim is often served as a special occasion or holiday dish in Korea.
|Beef short ribs||2 lbs|
|Soy sauce||1/3 cup|
|Sesame oil||2 tbsp|
|Rice wine||2 tbsp|
- Step 1: Soak the beef short ribs in cold water for 30 minutes to remove any blood.
- Step 2: In a large pot, combine the beef short ribs, carrots, potatoes, onion, garlic cloves, and ginger.
- Step 3: In a separate bowl, mix together soy sauce, sugar, honey, sesame oil, and rice wine.
- Step 4: Pour the sauce mixture over the beef and vegetables in the pot.
- Step 5: Add enough water to cover the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Step 6: Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for 2-3 hours until the beef is tender.
- Step 7: Serve hot with steamed rice.