About the Dish:
Herb-roasted chicken is a delicious and flavorful dish that is perfect for a family dinner or special occasion. This dish features juicy chicken thighs marinated in a blend of fresh herbs and spices, then roasted to perfection in the oven. The combination of aromatic herbs such as rosemary, thyme, and parsley gives the chicken a rich and savory flavor, while the roasting process ensures a crispy and golden brown skin. Serve this herb-roasted chicken with roasted vegetables and mashed potatoes for a complete and satisfying meal.
|Fresh rosemary||2 sprigs|
|Fresh thyme||2 sprigs|
|Fresh parsley||1/4 cup|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Rinse the chicken thighs and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Step 2: In a small bowl, combine the chopped rosemary, thyme, parsley, olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix well to form a paste.
- Step 3: Rub the herb paste all over the chicken thighs, making sure to coat them evenly. If desired, you can also gently lift the skin of the thighs and spread some of the herb paste underneath for extra flavor.
- Step 4: Place the marinated chicken thighs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a greased ovenproof dish.
- Step 5: Roast the chicken thighs in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) and the skin is crispy and golden brown.
- Step 6: Remove the chicken thighs from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute and result in a juicier and more flavorful chicken.
- Step 7: Serve the herb-roasted chicken thighs hot with your favorite side dishes, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a fresh salad.