About the Dish:
Coxinha is a popular Brazilian street food snack that is shaped like a chicken drumstick. It is made with a dough filled with shredded chicken, herbs, and seasonings. The dough is then coated in breadcrumbs and deep-fried until crispy and golden brown. Coxinha is often served as an appetizer or snack during parties and gatherings. It has a delicious savory flavor and a creamy filling that makes it a crowd favorite.
|Shredded Chicken||2 cups|
|All-purpose Flour||2 cups|
|Chicken Broth||2 cups|
|Garlic||2 cloves, minced|
|Onion||1 small, finely chopped|
|Black Pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
|Vegetable Oil||For frying|
- Step 1: In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion, and cook until the onion is translucent. Add the shredded chicken, salt, and black pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Step 2: Add the chicken broth to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and cooked through. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Step 3: In a separate saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Gradually add the flour to the boiling water, stirring constantly. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the mixture forms a smooth dough. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Step 4: Take a small portion of the dough and flatten it in your palm. Place a spoonful of the cooled chicken filling in the center of the dough. Fold the dough over the filling and shape it into a drumstick, making sure the filling is completely enclosed. Repeat this process for the remaining dough and filling.
- Step 5: Roll each coxinha in breadcrumbs, ensuring they are evenly coated. Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or large pan to 350°F (175°C). Fry the coxinhas in batches for 4-5 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Step 6: Remove the coxinhas from the oil and drain on paper towels to remove excess oil. Serve hot as an appetizer or snack.