About Tandoori Chicken
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup plain yogurt, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons Tandoori masala, 1 tablespoon ground cumin, 1 tablespoon ground coriander, 1 tablespoon paprika, 1 teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon ginger paste, 1 teaspoon garlic paste, 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, and salt to taste.
- Add 1.5 pounds of chicken pieces (legs, thighs, or breast) to the marinade and mix well until all the chicken pieces are coated. Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat or preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- If using a grill, oil the grates to prevent sticking. If using an oven, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease it.
- Place the marinated chicken pieces on the grill or baking sheet. Cook the chicken for about 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, until it is fully cooked and slightly charred. If using an oven, you can broil the chicken for the last few minutes to get a more charred effect.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the grill or oven. Allow it to rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and lemon wedges.
- Serve the Tandoori Chicken hot with mint chutney, naan bread, and your choice of side dishes.
|Chicken (bone-in, skin on)||1 kg|
|Lemon juice||2 tablespoons|
|Ginger paste||1 tablespoon|
|Garlic paste||1 tablespoon|
|Tandoori masala||2 tablespoons|
|Red chili powder||1 tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1 teaspoon|
|Chopped coriander leaves||for garnish|
Are you exhausted from gazing at your collection of ingredients, pondering the delectable dishes they could become? Your search ends here! Introducing our Recipe Generator, designed to ignite your culinary imagination and assist you in crafting delectable, palate-pleasing meals effortlessly.
Just input the ingredients available to you, and our innovative Recipe Creator will furnish you with a selection of delectable dishes that can be conjured. Alternatively, if you have a specific culinary creation in mind, provide the details, and our Recipe Generator will curate a catalog of essential ingredients required to actualize your vision.Try It Now