Kung Pao Chicken
About the Dish:
Kung Pao Chicken is a classic Chinese dish that is known for its bold and spicy flavors. It is made with tender chunks of chicken, stir-fried with peanuts, vegetables, and a savory sauce. The dish originated in the Sichuan province of China and has since become popular worldwide for its delicious combination of flavors and textures.
|Chicken Breast||2 boneless, skinless|
|Green Bell Pepper||1|
|Red Bell Pepper||1|
|Dried Red Chilies||8|
|Soy Sauce||2 tablespoons|
|Vegetable Oil||2 tablespoons|
- Step 1: Cut the chicken breast into small bite-sized pieces. In a bowl, marinate the chicken with soy sauce and vinegar for 15 minutes.
- Step 2: Heat vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add the dried red chilies and stir-fry for a few seconds until they become fragrant. Add the chicken pieces and stir-fry until they are cooked through and slightly browned.
- Step 3: Add the garlic, ginger, and chopped scallions to the wok and stir-fry for another minute. Next, add the bell peppers and continue stirring for a few more minutes until they are slightly tender.
- Step 4: In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar to make the sauce. Pour the sauce into the wok and stir-fry for another minute, making sure everything is well coated.
- Step 5: Add the peanuts to the wok and give everything a final stir. Cook for another minute until the peanuts are heated through.
- Step 6: Serve the Kung Pao Chicken hot with steamed rice or noodles. Garnish with additional chopped scallions if desired. Enjoy!