About the Dish:
Paella is a traditional Spanish dish that originated in the Valencia region. It is a flavorful rice dish loaded with a variety of ingredients such as seafood, meat, and vegetables. The dish gets its name from the wide, shallow pan, also called a paella, that it is cooked in.
|Red Bell Pepper||1|
|Chicken Broth||4 cups|
- Step 1: In a paella pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion and minced garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add diced chicken and chorizo and cook until browned. Remove chicken and chorizo from pan and set aside.
- Step 2: Add rice to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add diced tomatoes, sliced red bell pepper, and peas. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Step 3: Return the chicken and chorizo to the pan. Add chicken broth and saffron, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked and liquid is absorbed.
- Step 4: Arrange shrimp and mussels on top of the rice. Cover and cook for another 5-7 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked and the mussels have opened.
- Step 5: Remove the pan from heat and let it rest for 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot.