About the Dish:
Kimchi Jjigae is a traditional Korean stew made with kimchi, tofu, and pork. It is a popular comfort food in Korea and is known for its spicy and hearty flavors. The stew is usually served hot and is often enjoyed with a bowl of steamed rice. The combination of tangy kimchi, soft tofu, and savory pork creates a delicious and satisfying dish that is perfect for cold winter days.
|Green onions||3 stalks|
|Soy sauce||2 tablespoons|
|Red pepper flakes||1 tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 tablespoon|
- Step 1: Heat vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the pork and cook until browned.
- Step 2: Add the garlic, onion, and green onions to the pot. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Step 3: Add the kimchi and stir well. Cook for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Step 4: Pour in enough water to cover the ingredients. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Cover the pot and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Step 5: Cut the tofu into small cubes and add it to the pot. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Step 6: Season the stew with soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and salt to taste. Stir well and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Step 7: Serve the Kimchi Jjigae hot with a side of steamed rice.