About the Dish:
Lamb Tagine is a flavorful Moroccan dish made with tender lamb, aromatic spices, and a variety of vegetables. This slow-cooked stew is known for its rich and fragrant flavors, making it a perfect dish for special occasions or a cozy family dinner.
|Lamb shoulder, cut into chunks||—|
|Garlic cloves, minced||—|
|Dates, pitted and chopped||—|
|Almonds, toasted and chopped||—|
|Fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped||—|
- Step 1: Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the lamb and brown it on all sides. Remove the lamb from the pot and set it aside.
- Step 2: In the same pot, add the onions, garlic, and ginger. Cook until the onions are translucent. Then, add the cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, and coriander. Cook for another minute.
- Step 3: Return the lamb to the pot and add the vegetable broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Let it simmer for 2 hours, or until the lamb is tender.
- Step 4: Stir in the chopped dates, sliced carrots, raisins, and half of the chopped almonds. Cover the pot and simmer for another 30 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
- Step 5: Serve the lamb tagine over cooked couscous or rice. Garnish with the remaining chopped almonds and fresh cilantro or parsley. Enjoy!