About Cardamom-spiced raisin rice
- Rinse 1 cup of basmati rice under cold water until the water runs clear.
- Soak the rinsed rice in water for 30 minutes, then drain.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom and 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter over medium heat.
- Add 1/4 cup of chopped shallots and cook until softened.
- Add the drained rice to the saucepan and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add 1 3/4 cups of water, the cardamom-cinnamon mixture, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the saucepan.
- Simmer the rice for 15-20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it sit, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter over medium-low heat.
- Add 1/3 cup of raisins and cook until plump, about 2-3 minutes.
- Fluff the cooked rice with a fork.
- Gently fold in the cooked raisins.
- Let the rice stand for an additional 5 minutes before serving.
|Nutrient||Per 100g||Per Serving|
|Plain white rice||1 cup|
Are you exhausted from gazing at your collection of ingredients, pondering the delectable dishes they could become? Your search ends here! Introducing our Recipe Generator, designed to ignite your culinary imagination and assist you in crafting delectable, palate-pleasing meals effortlessly.
Just input the ingredients available to you, and our innovative Recipe Creator will furnish you with a selection of delectable dishes that can be conjured. Alternatively, if you have a specific culinary creation in mind, provide the details, and our Recipe Generator will curate a catalog of essential ingredients required to actualize your vision.Try It Now