About the Dish:
Baba Ghanoush is a traditional Middle Eastern dip made from roasted eggplants, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. It is smooth and creamy with a rich smoky flavor. This dish is popular in many Mediterranean and Arab cuisine and is often served as an appetizer or a side dish. The roasted eggplant gives the dip a unique and delicious taste, while the tahini adds a nutty and slightly tangy flavor. Baba Ghanoush is typically enjoyed with pita bread or vegetable sticks.
|Lemon Juice||2 tablespoons|
|Olive Oil||2 tablespoons|
- Step 1: Preheat your oven to 400°F. Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise and place them on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- Step 2: Drizzle the olive oil over the eggplants and season with salt. Roast them in the oven for about 40-45 minutes, or until the flesh is soft and the skin is charred.
- Step 3: Remove the eggplants from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. Scoop out the flesh and transfer it to a food processor.
- Step 4: Add the tahini, garlic cloves, and lemon juice to the food processor. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Step 5: Taste and adjust the seasonings, adding more salt or lemon juice if needed.
- Step 6: Transfer the baba ghanoush to a serving dish and drizzle with olive oil. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
- Step 7: Serve the baba ghanoush with pita bread or vegetable sticks. Enjoy!