About the Dish:
Hasselbackspotatis, also known as Hasselback potatoes, are a Swedish dish where potatoes are sliced into thin cuts, but not all the way through, creating a fan-like appearance. They are typically baked in the oven with butter, breadcrumbs, and various seasonings. The result is a crispy and flavorful potato dish that is often served as a side dish or appetizer.
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Slice the potatoes thinly, being careful not to cut all the way through. Leave about 1/4 inch at the bottom of each potato to hold the slices together.
- Step 2: Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in the breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Step 3: Place the potatoes in a baking dish and brush them with the butter mixture, making sure to get in between the slices. Reserve some of the butter mixture for later.
- Step 4: Bake the potatoes in the preheated oven for about 40-50 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside. Baste them with the remaining butter mixture halfway through cooking.
- Step 5: Remove the potatoes from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy the crispy and delicious Hasselbackspotatis as a side dish or appetizer.