About the Dish:
Bruschetta is a classic Italian dish that consists of grilled bread rubbed with garlic, topped with ripe tomatoes, fresh basil, and drizzled with olive oil. It is a simple yet delicious appetizer that showcases the flavors of fresh ingredients. The bread is toasted to perfection, giving it a crunchy texture that contrasts with the juicy tomatoes and aromatic basil. The combination of garlic, tomatoes, and basil creates a burst of flavors that is both refreshing and satisfying. Bruschetta is a great dish to serve at parties or as a starter for a special meal. It is quick and easy to prepare, making it a perfect choice for busy weeknights. Enjoy this traditional Italian dish and savor the flavors of summer!
|Fresh Basil||1/2 cup|
|Olive Oil||2 tablespoons|
|Black Pepper||To taste|
- Step 1: Preheat the grill or broiler. Slice the baguette into 1-inch thick slices. Place the slices on a baking sheet and toast them under the grill or broiler until golden brown.
- Step 2: While the bread is toasting, dice the tomatoes and chop the basil. Peel and mince the garlic cloves.
- Step 3: In a bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, chopped basil, minced garlic, olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to coat the tomatoes evenly with the other ingredients.
- Step 4: Remove the toasted bread from the grill or broiler and let it cool slightly. Rub each slice with a clove of garlic for extra flavor.
- Step 5: Spoon the tomato mixture onto the toasted bread slices, spreading it evenly. Drizzle with additional olive oil if desired.
- Step 6: Serve the bruschetta immediately as an appetizer or a snack. Enjoy the combination of flavors and textures in this delicious Italian dish!