About Peking Duck
- Clean the duck thoroughly, removing any excess fat and innards.
- Rinse the duck with cold water and pat it dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of salt and 2 tablespoons of five-spice powder.
- Rub the salt and spice mixture all over the duck, both inside and out.
- Hang the duck in a cool and well-ventilated place for about 24 hours to dry the skin. Alternatively, place it in front of a fan for 4-5 hours.
- Make sure the skin gets crispy and the meat tender by allowing it to air-dry.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Place the duck on a rack in a roasting pan, breast-side up.
- Cook the duck for about 3 hours, periodically basting it with its own fat.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400°F (200°C).
- Continue cooking the duck for another 30 minutes to further crisp the skin.
- Remove the duck from the oven and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.
- Serve the Peking duck with steamed pancakes, hoisin sauce, cucumber, and scallions.
|Chinese five spice powder||2 teaspoons|
|Hoisin sauce||2 tablespoons|
|Soy sauce||2 tablespoons|
|Rice vinegar||1 tablespoon|
|Garlic, minced||3 cloves|
|Ginger, grated||1 tablespoon|
|Spring onions, sliced||2|
Are you exhausted from gazing at your collection of ingredients, pondering the delectable dishes they could become? Your search ends here! Introducing our Recipe Generator, designed to ignite your culinary imagination and assist you in crafting delectable, palate-pleasing meals effortlessly.
Just input the ingredients available to you, and our innovative Recipe Creator will furnish you with a selection of delectable dishes that can be conjured. Alternatively, if you have a specific culinary creation in mind, provide the details, and our Recipe Generator will curate a catalog of essential ingredients required to actualize your vision.Try It Now