About Oat-crusted Pork Chops
Oat-crusted pork chops are a delicious and nourishing dish with a unique twist. This recipe combines the tenderness of juicy pork chops with the earthy and crispy texture of oats. It is a delightful way to jazz up a classic pork chop dinner and add a wholesome touch to it.
This dish is commonly associated with American cuisine and is a popular choice for both home-cooked meals and restaurant menus. Oats, being a staple in American breakfasts and baking, find a creative new use in this recipe. The oat crust not only adds a delightful crunch but also acts as a binding agent, keeping the pork chops moist and adding a subtle nutty flavor.
Step 1: Prepare the Ingredients
- 4 pork chops
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Step 2: Preheat the Oven
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
Step 3: Crush the Oats
Place the oats in a ziplock bag and crush them using a rolling pin or your hands until they become a coarse crumb texture.
Step 4: Season the Pork Chops
- In a separate shallow dish, mix together the flour, salt, black pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Dip each pork chop into the flour mixture, coating both sides evenly.
Step 5: Dip in Egg Mixture
- In another shallow dish, beat the eggs.
- Dip each flour-coated pork chop into the beaten eggs, making sure to coat both sides.
Step 6: Coat with Crushed Oats
- Take each pork chop from the egg mixture and press it into the crushed oats, ensuring all sides are covered.
Step 7: Cook the Pork Chops
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the coated pork chops and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown.
Step 8: Bake in the Oven
- Transfer the browned pork chops to a baking dish.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes until the pork chops are cooked through and tender.
Step 9: Serve
Remove the pork chops from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy your delicious oat-crusted pork chops!
|Old-fashioned rolled oats||1 cup|
|All-purpose flour||1/2 cup|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Garlic powder||1 teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To taste|
Are you exhausted from gazing at your collection of ingredients, pondering the delectable dishes they could become? Your search ends here! Introducing our Recipe Generator, designed to ignite your culinary imagination and assist you in crafting delectable, palate-pleasing meals effortlessly.
Just input the ingredients available to you, and our innovative Recipe Creator will furnish you with a selection of delectable dishes that can be conjured. Alternatively, if you have a specific culinary creation in mind, provide the details, and our Recipe Generator will curate a catalog of essential ingredients required to actualize your vision.Try It Now