About the Dish:
The Ploughman’s Lunch is a traditional British dish that originated in the English countryside. It is a hearty and satisfying meal that typically consists of cold ingredients, making it perfect for picnics or light lunches. The dish is named after the ploughmen, who would enjoy this meal while taking a break from their work in the fields.
|Hard Boiled Eggs||2|
- Step 1: Slice the cheddar cheese, ham, hard-boiled eggs, pickles, apple, onion, and tomato.
- Step 2: Toast the bread slices and spread butter or mayonnaise on them.
- Step 3: Layer the lettuce, cheddar cheese, ham, hard-boiled eggs, pickles, apple, onion, and tomato on one slice of bread.
- Step 4: Top with the other slice of bread and cut the sandwich in half.
- Step 5: Serve the Ploughman’s Lunch with a side of pickles or a salad if desired.