Grilled Lime Chicken
About the Dish:
Grilled Lime Chicken is a flavorful and zesty dish that combines the tanginess of lime with juicy chicken. The chicken is marinated in a mixture of lime juice, garlic, soy sauce, honey, and spices, which infuses it with a delicious citrus flavor. The marinated chicken is then grilled to perfection, resulting in tender and succulent meat with a slightly caramelized and charred exterior. This dish is perfect for summer BBQs or any occasion when you want to impress your guests with a vibrant and delicious chicken dish.
|Lime juice||1/4 cup|
|Garlic cloves, minced||4|
|Soy sauce||2 tablespoons|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
- Step 1: In a bowl, combine lime juice, minced garlic, soy sauce, honey, olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to form a marinade.
- Step 2: Place the chicken breasts in a shallow dish or a zip-top bag and pour the marinade over them. Ensure that the chicken is fully coated in the marinade. Cover the dish or seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or preferably overnight, to allow the flavors to meld.
- Step 3: Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the excess marinade.
- Step 4: Grill the chicken for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C) using a meat thermometer. The grilled chicken should be nicely charred on the outside and juicy on the inside.
- Step 5: Remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute and ensures that the meat stays tender and juicy.
- Step 6: Serve the grilled lime chicken hot with your favorite side dishes, such as roasted vegetables, rice, or a fresh salad. Garnish with fresh lime wedges and chopped cilantro, if desired.