Cinnabon is a delicious sweet treat that has gained popularity around the world for its indulgent flavors and irresistible aroma. This delectable pastry is a type of cinnamon roll, known for its soft and gooey texture. The Cinnabon is typically made from a rich and buttery dough infused with cinnamon, sugar, and a variety of aromatic spices.
What sets the Cinnabon apart from traditional cinnamon rolls is its luscious cream cheese frosting, which is generously slathered on top. This velvety topping adds a creamy and tangy element that perfectly complements the sweet and fragrant characteristics of the roll. When served warm, the frosting melts into the roll, creating a heavenly combination of flavors.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
Prepare the Dough:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt.
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk and water. Let it sit for 5 minutes until frothy.
- Add yeast mixture, softened butter, and egg to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it, and let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
Prepare the Filling:
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
Assemble the Cinnabons:
- Punch down the dough and roll it out on a floured surface into a large rectangle.
- Spread melted butter evenly over the dough.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture over the butter.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts and raisins over the sugar mixture (optional).
- Starting from one long edge, tightly roll up the dough into a log.
- Cut the rolled dough into 12 equal-sized pieces.
Bake the Cinnabons:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the cinnamon rolls in a greased baking dish, leaving space between each roll.
- Cover the dish and let the rolls rise for about 30 minutes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Prepare the Glaze:
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 cup powdered sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of milk until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the warm cinnamon rolls.
|For the Dough:|
|All-purpose flour||3 cups|
|Granulated sugar||1/4 cup|
|Active dry yeast||2 1/4 teaspoons|
|Warm milk||1 cup|
|Melted unsalted butter||1/2 cup|
|For the Filling:|
|Softened unsalted butter||1 cup|
|Brown sugar||1 cup|
|Ground cinnamon||2 1/2 tablespoons|
|For the Cream Cheese Frosting:|
|Softened cream cheese||8 ounces|
|Unsalted butter||1/4 cup|
|Confectioners' sugar||2 cups|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 teaspoon|
Are you exhausted from gazing at your collection of ingredients, pondering the delectable dishes they could become? Your search ends here! Introducing our Recipe Generator, designed to ignite your culinary imagination and assist you in crafting delectable, palate-pleasing meals effortlessly.
Just input the ingredients available to you, and our innovative Recipe Creator will furnish you with a selection of delectable dishes that can be conjured. Alternatively, if you have a specific culinary creation in mind, provide the details, and our Recipe Generator will curate a catalog of essential ingredients required to actualize your vision.Try It Now