About the Dish:
Pancit Canton is a popular Filipino noodle dish made with wheat flour noodles, vegetables, and meat or seafood. It is typically stir-fried and seasoned with soy sauce and other flavorful ingredients. This dish is a staple in Filipino cuisine and is often served during special occasions and celebrations.
|Wheat flour noodles (Canton)||250g|
|Chicken breast, sliced||200g|
|Carrots, julienned||1 cup|
|Cabbage, shredded||1 cup|
|Green bell pepper, sliced||1 piece|
|Red bell pepper, sliced||1 piece|
|Onion, sliced||1 piece|
|Garlic, minced||3 cloves|
|Soy sauce||3 tablespoons|
|Oyster sauce||2 tablespoons|
|Vegetable oil||2 tablespoons|
- Step 1: Boil water in a pot and cook the pancit canton noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Step 2: In a large pan or wok, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Saute garlic and onions until fragrant.
- Step 3: Add chicken breast slices and cook until they turn white and are no longer pink in the center.
- Step 4: Add carrots, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes until the vegetables are slightly cooked but still crisp.
- Step 5: Add cabbage and continue stir-frying for another minute.
- Step 6: Push the vegetables to one side of the pan and pour soy sauce and oyster sauce on the other side. Mix the sauces and then combine with the vegetables and chicken.
- Step 7: Add the cooked pancit canton noodles to the pan and toss gently to coat the noodles with the sauce and distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Step 8: Continue cooking and stirring for another 2-3 minutes until the noodles are heated through.
- Step 9: Serve hot and enjoy!