About the Dish:
Cheeseburger Casserole is a delicious and flavorful dish that combines the classic flavors of a cheeseburger in a convenient and easy-to-make casserole format. This dish is perfect for a quick weeknight meal or a potluck gathering with friends and family. It features layers of seasoned ground beef, cheesy pasta, and a tangy tomato sauce, all baked together to perfection. Each bite is packed with the savory taste of beef, the creaminess of melted cheese, and the tanginess of the tomato sauce. This comforting casserole is sure to be a hit with both kids and adults alike!
|Ground beef||1 pound|
|Onion, diced||1/2 cup|
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Macaroni pasta||2 cups|
|Cheddar cheese, shredded||2 cups|
|Canned tomato sauce||1 can (15 oz)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned. Add the diced onions and minced garlic to the skillet and cook until the onions are softened.
- Step 2: Meanwhile, cook the macaroni pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Step 3: In a separate bowl, combine the tomato sauce, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper. Stir well to mix.
- Step 4: In a greased 9×13-inch baking dish, layer half of the cooked macaroni pasta. Top with half of the ground beef mixture, followed by half of the shredded cheddar cheese. Pour half of the tomato sauce mixture evenly over the cheese. Repeat the layers with the remaining macaroni, ground beef, cheese, and tomato sauce.
- Step 5: Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Step 6: Remove the casserole from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving. Serve hot and enjoy!