About the Dish:
Pho Ga is a traditional Vietnamese dish that consists of a flavorful chicken broth, rice noodles, and tender chicken meat. It is a popular street food in Vietnam and is known for its aromatic broth and vibrant garnishes. This dish is typically served with various herbs, bean sprouts, lime wedges, and chili sauce, allowing each diner to customize their bowl according to their taste preferences. Pho Ga is a light and comforting dish that is perfect for any occasion.
|Chicken Broth||8 cups|
|Pho Rice Noodles||8 oz|
|Onion, thinly sliced||1|
|Ginger, minced||2 tbsp|
|Fish Sauce||2 tbsp|
- Step 1: In a large pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil.
- Step 2: Add the chicken breasts, onion, ginger, cloves, cinnamon stick, and star anise to the pot. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and tender. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Step 3: While the chicken is cooling, prepare the rice noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Step 4: Shred the cooked chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Step 5: Strain the broth to remove the solids. Return the broth to the pot and bring to a simmer. Stir in the fish sauce and season with salt to taste.
- Step 6: To serve, divide the rice noodles among bowls. Top with the shredded chicken and pour the hot broth over the noodles. Garnish with desired herbs, bean sprouts, lime wedges, and chili sauce.