About the Dish:
Borsch is a traditional Ukrainian beet soup that is loved by many. It is a hearty and flavorful dish that is perfect for cold winter days. The soup is made with a variety of vegetables, including beets, cabbage, carrots, and potatoes. It is usually served with a dollop of sour cream and a side of bread. Borsch is not only delicious, but also nutritious as it is packed with vitamins and minerals from the vegetables.
|Vegetable stock||4 cups|
|Fresh dill||1/4 cup|
|Black pepper||to taste|
|Sour cream||for serving|
- Step 1: Peel and grate the beets. Shred the cabbage, grate the carrots, and dice the potatoes, onion, and tomatoes.
- Step 2: Heat oil in a large pot and sauté the onions and garlic until fragrant. Add the grated beets and cook for 5 minutes.
- Step 3: Add the shredded cabbage, grated carrots, diced potatoes, and tomatoes to the pot. Pour in the vegetable stock and add the bay leaves. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Step 4: Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Step 5: Stir in the fresh dill and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove the bay leaves before serving.
- Step 6: Serve the borsch hot, topped with a dollop of sour cream