About the Dish:
Chicken Biryani is a popular Indian dish that consists of rice cooked with chicken, spices, and aromatic herbs. It is a flavorful and aromatic one-pot dish that is often served with raita or a side salad. The chicken is marinated in a mixture of yogurt and spices to enhance the flavors, and then cooked with fragrant basmati rice to create a satisfying and delicious meal.
|Basmati rice||2 cups|
|Ginger-garlic paste||2 tablespoons|
|Biryani masala||2 tablespoons|
|Mint leaves||A handful|
|Cilantro leaves||A handful|
- Step 1: Marinate the chicken with yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, biryani masala, and salt for 1 hour.
- Step 2: In a large pan, heat ghee and add bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom. Sauté for a minute until fragrant.
- Step 3: Add sliced onions and green chilies to the pan and cook until the onions turn golden brown.
- Step 4: Add the marinated chicken to the pan and cook until it is partially cooked.
- Step 5: In a separate pot, cook the basmati rice until it is 70% cooked.
- Step 6: Layer the partially cooked chicken and cooked rice in a large pot. Sprinkle saffron strands, mint leaves, and cilantro leaves on top.
- Step 7: Cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid and cook on low heat for 20 minutes until the rice is fully cooked and the flavors have melded together.
- Step 8: Serve hot with raita or a side salad.