About the Dish:
Bratwurst Sauerkraut is a classic German dish that combines savory bratwurst sausages with tangy sauerkraut. The sausages are browned to perfection and then cooked in a flavorful sauerkraut mixture until they are juicy and tender. The sauerkraut adds a delicious tanginess to the dish, and the combination of flavors is truly mouthwatering. This dish is perfect for a hearty and satisfying meal, and it is sure to become a favorite among family and friends.
|Caraway seeds||1 tsp|
|Black pepper||1/4 tsp|
|Vegetable oil||2 tbsp|
- Step 1: Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bratwurst sausages and cook until they are browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove the sausages from the skillet and set aside.
- Step 2: In the same skillet, add the diced onion and cook until it becomes translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the sliced apple, caraway seeds, salt, and black pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 3: Add the sauerkraut to the skillet and stir to combine with the onion and apple mixture. Place the browned bratwurst sausages on top of the sauerkraut.
- Step 4: Reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet, and simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until the sausages are cooked through and the flavors have melded together.
- Step 5: Serve the bratwurst sauerkraut hot, with your choice of side dishes such as mashed potatoes or crusty bread. Enjoy!