Pesto alla Genovese
About the Dish:
Pesto alla Genovese is a traditional Italian sauce originating from Genoa, Italy. It is made with fresh basil, pine nuts, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil. The sauce has a vibrant green color and a rich, herbaceous flavor. It is typically served with pasta, but can also be used as a spread for sandwiches or as a dip for vegetables. Pesto alla Genovese is a versatile and delicious addition to any meal.
|Fresh Basil||2 cups|
|Pine Nuts||1/2 cup|
|Parmesan Cheese||1/2 cup, grated|
|Olive Oil||1/2 cup|
- Step 1: In a food processor or blender, combine the fresh basil, pine nuts, garlic cloves, and salt. Pulse until the ingredients are finely chopped.
- Step 2: Add the grated Parmesan cheese to the mixture and pulse again until well combined.
- Step 3: With the food processor or blender running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the pesto reaches a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Step 4: Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more salt if desired.
- Step 5: Transfer the pesto to a jar or airtight container and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.