Carne de porco à Alentejana
About the Dish:
Carne de porco à Alentejana is a traditional Portuguese dish from the Alentejo region. It is a hearty and flavorful combination of tender pork, clams, potatoes, and spices. The dish has a rich history and is often enjoyed as a special meal during holidays and celebrations.
|Olive Oil||4 tablespoons|
- Step 1: Cut the pork tenderloin into bite-sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2: Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the pork and cook until browned on all sides. Remove the pork from the pan and set aside.
- Step 3: In the same pan, add the sliced onion and minced garlic. Cook until softened and fragrant.
- Step 4: Add the diced red pepper and bay leaves to the pan. Cook for a few minutes until the pepper begins to soften.
- Step 5: Return the pork to the pan. Pour in the white wine and let it simmer for a few minutes to reduce.
- Step 6: Add the potatoes, clams, and parsley to the pan. Cover and let it cook for about 10 minutes until the potatoes are fork-tender and the clams open.
- Step 7: Remove from heat and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.